Failing Forward
She Who Kneels Before God Can Stand Before Anyone
Monday, September 19, 2011
mirror mirror on the wall

Whatever happened to reflection? As children we were sent to time out when we did something wrong. Time out was designed to make us think about our actions and the consequences are actions have on others.

When I was young I got into a lot of mischeif. My mother would scold me and send me to my room. This as a kid was bad enough till she would say the stomach pinching words,"wait till your father gets home." Those words would always send a dark cloud over my head.

But as an adult I appreciate that dark cloud of dread. That has thought me to focus on what my actions have a consequences. It thought me to examine myself.

This day in age with the internet no one seems to reflect anymore. Society has accepted the thinking, "I don't like you anymore, unfriend." What!? This is accepted! Have we forgotten that's a real person on the other end of that treatment!

Were is the reflection? What happened to the mirror of time out?

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4
Donate